Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I am a WitNess...

Let's start the letter with some interesting news:
I am being Transferred. 
Today is my last day in gorgeous Dana Point
Hard to accept, but hey! the Lord knows more than I do so I know that I am needed at this point in time to go to another place the Lord needs me at.   We have a thought, as an apartment that I am going to get assigned to the Temecula Stake because in 4 weeks Murietta (Mur-e-etta) Stake is becoming a part of Carlsbad mission from the Riverside mission.
No missionaries from the Riverside mission are staying so they are going to be whitewashing a whole Zone. Thus we think a lot of us will get assigned out to Temecula, then moved into Murietta in four weeks. I will go and do but dang ...

  1. It is HOT out there in the summer like 115*! 
  2. Whichever I get assigned tonight will probably determine the mission I get assigned to!
  3. If I get assigned out there I wont be able to come to any baptisms in Dana Point because I will be to far away. So who knows???   but I will let you guys know next week where I am located. Mail still goes to same place so dont worry about mail you have already sent, I will get it, AND keep sending them!!!


Okay, now for some area news from the past week of being here in Dana Point. We have been crazy busy in getting the area ready for new missionaries to come in and that has taken a lot of time out of our week - because of all the stuff we needed to do (Planners, Map, Appointments, different things like that). But hey! it has made the time go crazy fast. Weird to think that it is the 9th of April already. Time is moving so fast and I am sure every transfer will just get faster and faster throughout the next two years. 

Elder Fallabella
Elder J R Holland
Conference was amazing. First off, did you hear President Eyring Basically say out loud he has seen Jesus Christ "I am a witness of the resurrection of Christ" and "I know as surely as Joseph Smith did in the grove".  All the missionaries were freaking out that he said that. I mean we already know they have, cuz really they are apostlesbut still, when they say it like that it just gives you goosebumps.   Also, It looks like Elder Perry has been taking Pulpit Pounding tips from our boy Elder Holland. Man, didnt Elder Perry throw down? It was AWESOME!!! SIN WILL ALWAYS BE SIN!! THE blessings of God are IMMUTABLE!! Yeah, I will tell you what, I totally felt the power dont know about you but hey! that was one of the best conference sessions I can remember.   Did Elder Fallabella come speak in Omaha? I know his name and could have sworn while he was speaking that I had heard that voice at a stake conference adult session. Let me know if he did...What about a temple in Cedar City huh?? The conference crowd gasped when he said that, who would have thought another Temple in Utah. 

Lets see what else???? 

K and her girls are doing good. We had an AMAZING lesson with them last thursday night. It was so cool I can't really explain what happened, just that the spirit was so strong and I could feel it testifying of truth to her and everyone else that was in the room as well. After the lesson I had the opportunity to give her a blessing of comfort and counsel and it was super cool. I seriously cannot remember anything I said, but when Sister T was telling about what she was feeling during it she said in her "50 odd years of life that was one of the best blessing she has ever heard". That it was so well worded. 
She and Brother T said I remind them of Nephi, Large in stature and spirit hahaha! That was really cool to hear that from them. They said I will be a great missionary and affect a lot of lives with the way I teach. I wish I could remember what I said but thats the thing, I didnt say it, the Spirit said it through me, those words are not for me to remember, They were meant for K and everyone else and are for them to remember. Our new investigator S and her less active boyfriend J are doing amazingly well! They are both honest seekers of truth and just want to know if God is really there and what He wants for them in their lives right now.

I got to say my goodbyes last night to the Rubalcava's, Tomlinson's, and Keli and her family. It sucked to say goodbye but i know I will be back to visit when the mission is over so this is not the last time I will see all of them. Brother Rubalcava told me I had to come and visit and he would take me out on his sail boat and we could go to Catalina Island. So parents, put that in your planners for April 2015. Coming back to visit Amric's mission!


Tell Dad this, Sell the Mazda  I love the car but its just a possesion and we do not need it right now. I love the car but we dont truly need it.  In this three months I have seen a single mom with a 3 year old child with severe ADHD be happy living in a 300 SQ foot flat paying 900 a month for rent. I have also seen people driving Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Aston Martin's, and all sorts of other exotics.  People living in Ginormous 6,7,8 thousand sq foot homes be happy as well. The Mom has the Gospel and the others do not. Who will be happier in the long run? The mom with the Gospel and her child. Family and religion are two things that dont mix well here in So Cal. all you need to know is that I could have a 30 year old Lemon car or a Aston Martin. I will be happy no matter what because I have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and a family that loves me no matter what. The car is a possession that will go away. The family - the love and faith we have, that won't go away and thats what makes everything worth it. Sell the car, its just a possession! 

I know you are probably like who is this and where is my son? But this mission has changed me a lot up to this point and will continue to change me over the next two years so WATCH OUT!
The experiences that I have been able to have these past three months have shaped me and molded me onto the path of who I need to become. Heavenly Father has a specific plan for me in whatever mission I end up in. I know that I have had experiences and a certain testimony that is meant for at least one person in every area I serve in. With that Knowledge I close my time in Dana Point, I did not die with knowledge left in me and I will never die without my testimony out on the table. Stay strong to the faith, know that I am out here because I have a testimony that I was selected by revealation to serve in this part of the Lords vineyard for a specific task or reason. I love you all and hope all is going well. Stay true to the faith and do all you can to do the Lord's will.
I love you all...Peace Out!

"Fourth Floor Last Door"
"That's What's Up"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-January 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment