Tuesday, May 7, 2013

April 16th Welcome to The Southern most tip of my mission!

It's looks like, since I went south I'll probably stay in the Carlsbad Mission!

AREA: My new ward is Carmel Valley, the Stake is Del Mar.  The community is a suburb, essentially of San Diego. The area is amazing and the ward is great.  I have learned this trivia; It is the Highest paying stake in the world. Who would have thought that they even kept such a status?  It isn't as close to the beach as Dana Point or at least it doesn't look like it is.  It is the very most southern tip of the mission so one wrong turn can take you out of the mission boundaries.  Which could be life altering according to my companion!  Companion:  He is in his last transfer his name is Elder Soderberg.

RUGBY:One of the top high school rugby programs in the nation is actually in Carmel Valley, Torrey Pines High School and a lot of the young men in the ward play on the team. So that has been fun. HOUSE Arrangements: I am living with a member, I have composed a letter written by hand that explains more that living arrangement.We go to the Library to email on Tuesday.

Other than that sadly to say is not to much else. I came into an already scheduled baptismal date with a man with a for April 27th.

WHAT I DO ALL DAY: We tract for 12 hours a day! and had One - yeah 1 teaching appointment this last week!!!  Maybe its just the area; but I am dissapointed because I know that the area can do much better. My companion is trunkie.So that's the "catch Up" and info on my whereabouts!  The mission life is getting easier, and tougher at the same time.  Easier because I am starting to figure out the ropes and littler better so I don't feel so lost. Tougher because I always start to think how long I have been out versus how much longer!   I guess it's a thought missionaries have lots! You just have to push forward everyday and don't look back.  A man who looks back is not fit for the kingdom of God.  I don't know where I'd be without my parents and the support of my family and friends.  thank you who do support me :)

Okay so to prevent me from saying anything else that is super negative I will conclude with this statement.


I want to leave my mission with the knowledge that I know I did not leave anything back.  I am going to put all my cards and testimony on the table in hopefully every situation I am placed in. I know Heavenly Father has put me in this spot at this time for a exact and specific reason and for that knowledge alone I am grateful and thus nothing should be held back.  I do not want to look back and think or feel that I left something out. That is my goals for my next 20 months. Do the best I can in putting everything I have out there so that those I am put in the path of have every oppotunity to accept or deny the truth.


Luke 9:62 and Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.


I love you all so much, so sorry for the short letter, hopefully more exciting things happen this next week for me to write about next week. I hope all is well and I love you all very much.

Keep the Faith
God bless


"Fourth Floor Last Door"
"That's What's Up"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-January 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment