Oh man what a fun and crazy week....
On Saturday we showed up to help this member family pack up their double wide and help them to get on their way to Idaho. Well, it was us and the sisters and the moms sons who is not a member or just not active??? Anyways, after we got the boxes packed, well lets just say they used really big boxes, then packed them so that they weren't full, thus when we stacked stuff on top of them, no support, and they crushed and the wall of boxes fell over! So that was fun had to re stack the stuff. My companion cannot lift anything, so it was the son and myself lifting everything for 6.5 hours which was really fun, got a good work out in.
During the move we were loading out their master bedroom, and the dad was like everything goes except the rug, the rug stays. We were like okay sounds good, he then says "Someone died in this house 2 years before we moved in so we keep the rug there. We started laughing because we all thought it was a joke. Nope it wasn't, he said that there is a giant brown stain on the carpet and a 93 year old man died there, and then said "I will leave the rest up to your imagination", so that was crazy. They just did double sided gorilla tape on the under side of the carpet instead of replacing the carpet. SO hopefully that is not a selling mishap ... hahaha!
|(this is not the real carpet - |
borrowed from a carpet cleaning site! thus the date is misleading!!!)
To answer your question mom, yes there will be "Classes" in the celestial kingdom, no one really talks about it. It will not create contention however because people will be in a place where they are most comfortable. If there is contention then that is the state that they are in (Meaning a state of Hell. This happens when you know what you did that prevented you from being with God). So the people that we should aim to be are the Exalted beings, being with God in a family unit for eternity organizing worlds. We do not create matter for that cannot be created, we simply organize the matter that is already there. Hope that makes sense. Deep Doctrine! This is one reason we all need to study the scriptures diligently and read Good Books for better enlightenment and understanding. Remember; Doctrine Understood Changes Behavior!
Fun for you parents to go to FloridaI am sure Pops will do great in his seminar class on his way to achieving an MIA designation.
Mom I am sure you had a blast with your babygrands and children in Utah.
Not to much else to report on. Still in the finding process, I feel like that has been my whole mission, finding people, not to much investigator teaching. I am pretty sure in my setting apart President Bartlett blessed me with the ability to be happy.... oh wait nope that is in my PB blessing telling me to avoid discouragement, that is true and I must because trust me if I didn't have that direction then this mission experience would suck because I have every right to be discouraged :(
Anyways, there is not to much else to report on from the week, a couple of quotes I leave you with from my atonement study:
- "The Son gained the title of Father because those that accept Him are adopted into the church of the Firstborn (Christs' church - he is the Firstborn of the Father), and thus by adoption He becomes the spiritual Father of those who accept Him." Harold B Lee
- "The Fall of Man" CES Summer School Lecture June 23rd 1954 Same talk later quote "She (Eve) feared no evil, for she knew it not." Think about that one.
- "Sadness, heartache, and disappointment are events in life. It is not intended that they be the substance of life." Richard G Scott "The Atonement Can Secure Your Peace and Happiness" Ensign Nov. 2006
- "How we treat our family members, our neighbors, business associates, and all we meet will reveal if we have taken His name upon us and do always remember Him. How we conduct our lives, all we do and all we say, reflects on how we remember Him." "May all who profess to be Christians, all who know and testify of Jesus, come unto Him and follow His teachings and example, being one as Heavenly Father and Jesus are one in purpose, to unite ourselves, to lift and strengthen each other, and take upon us one another's burdens as our Savior has taken our burdens upon Him..." Robert D Hales "In Remembrance of Jesus Ensign Nov. 1997
- Speaking on the sacrament "Do we see it as our passover, remembrance of our safety and deliverance and redemption...? This is the real purpose of the meeting. And everything that is said or sung or prayed in those services should be consistent with the grandeur of this sacred ordinance...the...passing of the sacrament is preceded by a hymn which all of us should sing...Sacramental hymns are more like prayers anyway - and everyone can give a voice to a prayer...Pain in this world is not evidence that God doesn't love you." Jeffrey R Holland "This Do In Remembrance if Me." Ensign Nov. 1995 (The whole talk is amazing you should just read the whole thing)
This weeks challenge from my atonement book -
"Arrive to church 10 minutes before church and contemplate the meaning of the sacrament. As you look at the sacrament table, remember that it represents the body of Christ. Imagine that you have come to a memorial service for the Savior. Sing the hymns from your heart as you unite with your brothers and sisters to honor Him. Worship, don't just attend the meeting. Reflect on how His atonement has affected you during the week. Keep your mind focused on the Savior and His atoning sacrifice as you partake of the bread and water and through the rest of the meeting."
Well I'm out. Love you all thanks for your support and prayers I am grateful.
"Fourth Floor Last Door"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-June 2013
California, Irvine, USA
July 2013-December 2014