Thursday, October 30, 2014

Missionary Work - Preach My Gospel 101

Hello everyone out there!!! So we had an amazing week this week and the reason of the amazingness is outlined in the stories below.

So this week has been an amazing one!! 

  • We are still teaching the same young man and we had a couple great lessons with him this week. The coolest one was the fact that we had a Temple tour and a baptism to attend planned out for him on Saturday and he came to both of them with his mom too - and they had a blast going! They loved the spirit they felt at the Temple and the same with the baptisms. He said that the baptism took a lot shorter than he thought and that he was looking forward to his on the 22nd of November. We mentioned that we needed to get a certain amount of lessons in before his interview and baptism and they said to have us come over everyday!! So we have a set lesson with them Tuesday-Friday until his baptism. His mom is so excited he is wanting to do this. She wants him to go on a mission (We will be discussing it after his baptism, and she wants him to get to the temple, get married in it and have a happy Mormon family)!!! It is so awesome to be apart of it all and to be able to close out my mission with such a solid person being taught, baptized with someone else coming back into the church. He is integrating perfectly with the Young Men and even helped set up and run games at the ward Halloween party!
  • Last night we went over to a members house who said one of the kids living with them had a lot of questions about the church and was interested in talking with us. He is interested in anything about God.  We talked and taught him about the Plan of Salvation and he loved the sound of not just a Heaven and a Hell, but that there are "More options" to make sure everyone is happy and where they deserve. So the work is picking up and going great, it is an amazing opportunity to be a part of it all. 


So as you can see great things are continuing to happen here in the Lake Forest Ward!!! I am excited to say I will be staying here for my final 6 weeks of my mission which will be so awesome!! I will have the blessing to continue to work with people that I have mentioned and other people that the Lord has in store for us to find. It is always a long road on a mission, but it is people like these that make all of the tough times worth it. 


In my talk yesterday, I must say, as far as Church sacrament meeting talks go, It was pretty much awesome (Said with much Humility)!!!!  I went a little over my time (20 Minutes, not 20 over, total of 20 assigned 15) so yikes! Lots of people came up and said how good it was and how much they enjoyed it. I had 2 people ask for copies of it!!!   One girl came up after 2nd hour and started talking about how the week was. How she found some stuff out that kind of just make it tougher to go through each day. She mentioned she did not want to come to church today. She then said how glad she was that she came because of the fact that she "felt" my talk was given directly to her. She said she could truly feel that Christ was capable of being in her life and that He knew exactly how she was feeling and was there for her. It was one of the most powerful moments since being out, actually have someone tell you that you answered a concern they had because you had the ability to follow the spirit and be guided and directed to put the things in and talk about and elaborate on the things the spirit guided you to. So that was just a really awesome moment and one that I for sure will not forget...
#challenge completed! #StartingStrong #CaliforniaIrivineMission #FinishStrong

Anyways there is not to much to report on. I hope all is going well for all of you and hope miracles happen for you this week. I started this thing to help keep me focused this last transfer called the 42 day countdown.  I had missionaries write down a challenge for me to complete everyday (Missionary related or not) and today was the first day. The first challenge (Actually applies to every monday of the transfer) is to get up and study from 5:00 am to 6:30 work out from 6:30 to 7:00 get ready from 7:00 to 8:00 then normal studies from 8:00 to 10:00. I did it this morning and I actually really liked it. I am so awake right now and I got awake super quick. I am going to try and do it every Monday Wednesday and Friday, and hopefully by the time I come home I am doing it everyday. My goal with it is 5:00 am to 6:00 am work out 6:15 to 6:45 Shower get ready 6:45 to 7:00 make breakfast and 7:00 to 8:00 eat and have studies. So we shall see what happens and hopefully I am in the habit when I come home. 

Anyways thank you for all you do and hope all is well. Thank you for everything !!!! :)

-- 
"Fourth Floor Last Door"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-June 2013
California, Irvine, USA
July 2013-December 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment