Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Gospel of Jesus Christ can be applied to all things...

this past week has been going prettty good.

Weird to think that this is week 5 of the transfer and in exactly two weeks I will be done with my training period and be ready to move on. Now, I might get to stay here in Dana Point but who knows, after this I could get transfered every 6 weeks or stay in one place for months! anyways man time moves quickly doesnt it? Seems like it has been a week or two since I left home and I have been out for 3 months. Guess thats the blessing of getting lost in the work. Time does not really mean anything. Its wake up, work, sleep. Everyday for 2 years. This week has brought with it some cool experiences both in missionary work and studying of the scriptures which I will share with you today.

First thing, I am starting to understand that there is so much more to the scriptures, deeper meanings within them and there is so much out there for us to learn in them. Everything we do in our lives centers and goes back to the Atonement of Jesus Christ. On a spiritual side at least, everything goes back to that. But what I am starting to realize is that when you apply the Gospel of Jesus Christ truly and you fully understand it, it applies in a temporal since as well. Now in the world its not (like what we teach) - faith, repentance, baptism, holy ghost, endure to the end all centered on the atonement. But, its mental exertion,change, action, inspiration and internalization all centered on your own ability to change. When you think of it that way; that people that are rich and they have money, well the buisness people that have money and are successfull in their buisness and apply the Gospel in a financial sense I am thinking it could be a reason they acheive greatness. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is perfect because it can be applied to all things spiritual and all things temporal if you truly understand it. If you truly understand it - it changes your heart and your behavior.

Another thing I discovered this week is yes people especially Apostles of the church have seen the physical resurrected body of Jesus Christ. The New testment testifies of it along with it the Book of Mormon.  My challenge to you is to read "Our Search For Happiness" pages 17-23. Now Dont just read it to read - don't just do it because i asked. You have to be in the spiritually right place to
understand what the pages are telling you. Asking thru prayer for God to help you to understand it.  For me, It was one of the most spiritual experiences since being out here, what I read on those pages. My testimony is that Christ is alive and has a body of flesh and bone. It is something that as of a couple days I can say with 100% surety is true and I have gained a testimony of it.



Mosiah 2:17
Yesterday and Thursday we had the opportunity to go and help out a family whose father was going in for an experimental surgery at UCLA for his Parkinsons disease. Such a sad story. World reknowned photographer and had a great name for himself in the professional sports world developed Parkinsons 12 years ago. When he got diagnosed his wife left him and his life fell apart. He has one son on a mission in an inactive daughter and a son who has basically had to raise himself and is now at risk of falling away from the church completely. Thursday we went and cleaned the house. Since infection is such a huge concern the ward threw everything away.. We threw out couches, beds, cabinets, silverware, kitchen supplies, all of it thrown away. What does the ward do? They live the law of concecration to the fullest. They buy new furniture (Couches,dressers, media stands, cabinets) Beds, silverware, appliances. All because this man could not take care of himself fully. It was such a cool thing to be a part of. being able to observe the gospel and what it teaches to the fullest. People who have money, who have excess and provide for the members of their ward in a way they could not do themselves. Very Very cool. Made me proud to be serving here in Dana Point.

Speaking of Dana Point we will be getting a second set of missionaries - who will be sister missionaries so that should be fun. If i am here I will report on that later.

Well, the investigators that we are teaching are doing well. Kind of the same situations for all of them as last week so nothing new to report on.

I love you all so very much. Thank you for the time and effort everyone goes through to provide for me while I am out here. I feel the love and I hope you feel mine while I am out here. I pray for you everyday and hope you are doing welll. Stay safe and keep the faith and know that the busier you are the quicker time will fly by.

Mom, Happy Birthday. Wish I could physically be there, but i guess "flat Amric" will have to do. Thank you for all you do for me I really appreciate it.
Have a great rest of the week can you believe the next time I write it will be April 2nd!!!!
3 (count 'em - three) MONTHS! How crazy is that?
Love you so much kisses and lots of hugs for everyone.
--
"Fourth Floor Last Door"
"That's What's Up"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-January 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment