Tuesday, March 26, 2013

When I became a man I put away Childish things...

Mom and Dad - Empty nesters
 in their "rented" convertible appraising Dairies in Arizona!!!
So Elder Sobczak has a family at home supporting him and there are changes all around these are a few of them,
The Rens -
 I like this one cuz it's the world
 today everybody on their phone!!!



King Benjamin: “O, all ye old men, and also ye young men, and you little children who can understand my words, for I have spoken plainly unto you that ye might understand, I pray that ye should awake to a remembrance of the awful situation of those that have fallen into transgression.” 
For me, the power of that warning is the picture it forms in my mind of that time when we will each stand before the Savior after this life to be judged. When King Benjamin speaks to me of shrinking from the presence of the Lord, it puts fear into my heart. I can see myself standing in that day of judgment before the glorified and resurrected Savior. I want with all my heart not to shrink, but rather to look up at Him and see Him smile and say, “Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Enter in.” 
King Benjamin makes it clear how we can earn the hope to hear those words if we find the way in this life to have our natures changed through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. That is the only way we can build on the sure foundation and so stand firm in righteousness during the storms of temptation.
Matthew and Matt
Papi and Matt

Olaf and Dania



Mom makes a fire before the snow comes.
I'd rather be on the beach when it's cold than when it's hot!!!
Out with the old 
In with the new! 
see Col Chapter 3 things to "Put On"
 [hahaha! finding a "priesthood purpose"!]


King Benjamin describes that change with a beautiful comparison, used by prophets for millennia and by the Lord Himself. It is this: that we can, and we must, become as a child—a little child.
For some that will not be easy to understand or to accept. Most of us want to be strong. We may well see being like a child as being weak. Most parents have wanted their children at times to be less childish. Even the Apostle Paul used these words as he was about to urge us to incorporate charity, the pure love of Christ, into our lives: “When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.” 
But King Benjamin, who understood as well as any mortal what it meant to be a man of strength and courage, makes it clear that to be like a child is not to be childish. It is to be like the Savior, who prayed to His Father for strength to be able to do His will and then did it. Our natures must be changed to become as a child to gain the strength we need.  
these are those Mats
Amric said to order - 
they are SUPER INTENSE!
Flat Amric with Dad! 
supporting Moms Shrine! to Elder Sobczak 
Amric "go to bed!"
Amric let's relax!!!
Amric I love you!  Dad made me cry and laugh
at the same time presenting "Flat Amric" (or rather "Flat Elder Sobczak"!) to me for my Birthday!!!

To keep the blessing of that change in our hearts will require determination, effort, and faith. King Benjamin taught at least some of what that will require. He said that to retain a remission of our sins from day to day we must feed the hungry, clothe the naked, visit the sick, and help people spiritually and temporally.  He warned that we must guard against even the feelings of contention entering into our hearts.  He made it clear that the mighty change which comes through the Atonement working in us can diminish if we are not on guard against sin.
We come to love those we serve. If we choose to begin to serve the Master out of even a glimmer of faith, we will begin to know Him. We will come to know His purposes for the people we serve for Him. Even when they do not accept our offer to serve them, we will feel His appreciation if we persist.
As we persist, we will feel the need for the influence of the Holy Ghost because our task will seem beyond us. Our humble prayer to our Heavenly Father will be answered. The Holy Ghost has as a major purpose witnessing that Jesus is the Christ. As we plead for help in His service, the Holy Ghost will come and confirm our faith in Him.    
                                                       --taken from a talk given by Elder Henry B Eyring. April 2006

HAPPY EASTER



No comments:

Post a Comment