Monday, January 27, 2014

Jan 20 ...

Hey hey there Family!!! How is everything going for you?? Today should be a better email than what I have done as It is MLK Day so no one else is really in the Library so here we go...
When we are baptized we make covenants
The Gonzalez Family had there baptism interview on Saturday which went really well. Carrie showed up and as soon as she came in she was like - oh man "I need to pay my tithing!" and went and grabbed a slip and was like I will just give this to bishop the next time I see him.
Tithe is 10% of your increase
Super awesome how she and Jesse are already committing to that and doing it...SO AWESOME they are so ready for all of this. They are in the final week now before the baptism which is making me stress out a little bit, but I know the whole ward is praying for them and they are committed which makes my worries go away.

Elder Madsen and I will have the opportunity to confirm them members of the church...yeah it should be really exciting. I have truly come to love this family and to see the change they have made these past three months, it has been amazing. It has been an honor to work with and teach them and to have them teach me as well. Saturday Starts the time line and then in one year they will be able to go to the temple to be sealed as a family for time and all eternity which they are super excited for. Hopefully I get back here...{Actually if I extend past Christmas I would still be on my mission when they hit their year mark...Actually...it would be the last week of my mission...hmm sorry that thought just hit me}. Anyways so they are doing great and are getting ready to make this step and covenant with the Lord.
 
This last week we also had the opportunity to stop by our friends the Pipitone's Sal and Joe...such and awesome couple. They are in their 80's and are kind of like my mission grandparents. Not members, we got their name off of a referral and we stopped by and they said we were an answer to their prayers and we were angels. They love us and we love them. She (Joe) wants to write us a check because of all we have done for them in this time of need for them. They are just awesome and are an old Catholic Italian couple. So that is them, keep them in your prayers, Sal is battling Leukemia is doing good, but can always use the prayers and thoughts. I mentioned to her that Elder Madsen and I could get moved away and she almost starting crying and said she was going to call President Orgill and tell him he had to keep me here hahaha! so we should see how that goes.

I guess I wore them out!
This past weekend was Stake Conference which was very missionary minded..very missionary minded. They showed tons of clips from the Hastening the Work of Salvation tab on Mormon.org which made it a little more interactive. The Stake President, said the members need to have the missionaries over weekly to have the discussions taught in their home. So that is awesome, and we already have members who are taking that challenge up.
 
The Dunhams have become in the top 3 of favorite families I have met on my mission. Die hard Seahawks fans and love the missionaries. Their son and I have become good friends, and they invited us to come to the baptism of their youngest daughter Paisley on the 1st February. I have gotten pretty close with them and love them dearly...and they give me all the sporting updates and we already have plans Parker and I to watch the superbowl next year when I am not a missionary hahaha!
The work out here is going awesome!!! I love being a missionary and everything is starting to come together. It has been a blast learning all that is out there. Friday we had a 6 hour training from brethren from the Proselyting Division of the missionary department in SLC. Quick notes from that ... Ipads should be coming within next 3-5 months... hopefully he said, anyways he was going to recommend our mission to get them. 90 million people in the US want to meet with missionaries of that 9 million said they would get baptized this week. They just Don't know where to find us or are confused by the craftiness of men. We learned a new way to teach the first couple of lessons which should greatly increase our effectivity as we teach. 

All is all awesome things are happening. My favorite scriptures as of right now are in 
1.   NT 2nd Cor. 9:6
 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall areap also sparingly; and he which bsoweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
 and 
2.   2nd Nephi 9:50-52 
50 Come, my brethren, every one that athirsteth, come ye to thebwaters; and he that hath no cmoney, come buy and eat; yea, come buy wine and milk without money and without price.51 Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your alabor for that which cannot bsatisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and cfeast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness. 52 Behold, my beloved brethren, remember the words of your God; pray unto him continually by day, and give athanks unto his holy name by night. Let your hearts brejoice.
So...study those and let me know what you think. I love you all and you all mean the world to me. Keep up the awesome work and stay safe in everything you do. Keep awesome and stay classy!!:
Love you all Church and Gospel are true and Remember - the Gospel is Perfect!! 

-- 
"Fourth Floor Last Door"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-June 2013
California, Irvine, USA
July 2013-December 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment