Monday, February 3, 2014

Should you Serve at 18 or 19?



Flat Amric watches with the Parents!
So the SEAHAWKS WON!!!!!! Yes I am so excited to hear about that. Like I said there is a family in the ward the whom I have gotten pretty close with. They are for sure the coolest family!  Their daughter got baptized on Saturday which we were lucky enough to attend. Afterwards they invited us over for dinner with friends and family and actually hit it up pretty good with some friends who live outside of the area but in Mission Viejo. Super cool family that within the next few months I am sure will look into the Gospel. Anyways, to make this story short, Yesterday we did not have a dinner which sucks, especially on Sunday...So after sacrament we talked to this mom and asked if we could swing by and pick up leftovers from Saturday night and she said sure thing. Now, here was the obedience I walk in and guess what is happening? All of them decked out in Seahawks gear watching the game, it was so hard, literally the game was 10 feet away and I did not watch it haha GAHHH SO close haha. Anyways, their son who is 14 kept me updated through out the night so I felt as if I was watching for sure. Seeing as it was a blow out I am not to bummed I missed the game. That is what this new digital age is for right? Re runs and highlights???
 
Anyways...as far as the work, my companionship is difficult. They have figured out that it is 2 on 1 because One hates his mission and has no desire to be out here but refuses to go home but refuses to be obedient no matter what anyone says to him. The other companion is finding it easier to side with that one than with me and it makes it where I am doing about 85 to 90 percent of the work. The plan hopefully is that they can stay together and either shape up or ship out.  Either the one will just continue to hate the mission, with a companion that isn't a hard worker and obedient and decide home is the best option for him. 

Terrible to say but I hate what the church culture does to us, BUT the 18 year old change is the EXCEPTION not the rule. Pray about when you should go.  It is so irritating, I have seen so many 18 year olds come out who are just not ready at all to live the standards one must live as a missionary.  So two weeks left, Zone Leaders told me to call or text them anytime I need to vent or talk to someone who is not my companion so that should make things a little easier.

Consider this taught by JSmith; "a religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things never has power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and salvation; for, from the first existence of man, the faith necessary unto the enjoyment of life and salvation never could be obtained without the sacrifice of all earthly things." taken from Lectures On Faith

Oh I have a Family History Miracle...
So Irie (Trie) Asleson my Great Grandfather, Pops he is your Grandfather. I have been watching his name for the past year. So I was looking at the line on Wednesday and found something. Asleson and guess what??!! I found him! Anyways that was a cool miracle I found and am so stoked to continue to do that work as I move forward.  
Anyways not to much else to report on. Thank you for all you all do and the prayers and fasting you have done.  We have gotten a little rain off and on the past week but no where near what we need, through all the fasting and praying though we will see miracles happen. Thank you family for all you do - hey Ayris you look so happy and I am happy for you. Keep up the awesome work :) Dad thank you and just know everything will work out the way it needs to and we are in Washington for a reason.  Mom...Keep being you, you rock and you mean a lot to me. 

I love you all so much and cannot wait to hear from you again!!  I love letters and packages!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment