Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 10th

Elder Bosley and Elder Davis
Floating dock of a members house where we had dinner last night - Super Awesome!

Well, this week has been a pretty good one I would have to say. It is starting to settle in that - hey I am living in Newport Beach California which is pretty awesome!!!!  This past week was even better because we had zone conference which was great!!
 
 
Had exchanges with my Zone Leader Elder Epperson, he was in the MTC with me so it was really fun to go out and work with him and learn from him. A lot different going on a exchange with someone who has been out the same amount of time as you so we had some good talks and learned a lot from each other as we went out and worked. 
We met with an RM who is in LA and is currently working on coming back to church. He served in the Tacoma Washington mission, knew where Elma was at and served in Shelton for his last area. So it was cool to talk with him and see his desire to draw closer to Christ and admit that he needs to get better at doing the basics. Always cool when people realize this for themselves. It was funny he was like look guys I served a mission I know what you are trying to do. The missionaries before already tried that and it turned me off, I know the doctrine and I know the church is true, I just want you to come over sit down and talk with me, go over some scriptures and answer any questions I may have.  It is always weird dealing with people who actually are aware of what you are trying to do so it should be pretty fun. 
Along with that we met with a lady who is Romanian. We went over the Book Of Mormon with her and asked her to read it from the beginning all the way through. It was so funny she saw the pictures at the front and was like  - "I didn't even know these were here, I guess thats what I get for only opening up to random pages and not at the beginning."   She is really excited and is looking forward to reading it.
 
Zone conference was good, had it on Thursday and basically we were RE-trained on a training we got about 6 weeks ago on how to more effectively teach, you know the church always trying to find that more effective way. So it was really good, President Orgill gave this awesome training on inviting the Forces of Darkness and Light into our lives. How we can be more obedient and more consecrated and what we need to do to have the forces of light in our lives to help us overcome sin and temptation .
 
Oh as well, President Orgill submitted my Ecclesiastical Endorsement to Provo, so I am just waiting on my high school counselor to send in her recommendation to the school. Anyways, hopefully I can get a hold of them today and get that straightened out. Good thing I have 6 months to get it in. Just need it done because summer is going to happen really quick then I have lost her.
 
Hope all is well, the companions are going good. Still prideful and love to talk about themselves and have an experience for everything that is always better than your experience, always. So that is fun to deal with. Hope you have a great week and cannot wait to hear from you.
Love you all lots keep up the awesome work!!!:)

-- 
"Fourth Floor Last Door"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-June 2013
California, Irvine, USA
July 2013-December 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment