Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Earthquakes last week

Oh man has this past week been a good one.


So as I am sure you all heard there was a 5.1 earthquake in La Habra California which is about 20 minutes or so away from where we are here in Newport Beach. The quake started at about 9:09 and at like 9:10 9:11 we felt in our apartment. We were planning and all of a sudden literally the apartment started shaking so it was pretty intense. Our complex actually got pretty severly damaged and we have been at the church for the past couple of days helping with the clean up. Some missionaries got injured but nothing severe. So I trust President Orgill will be keeping you updated as to the condition of the me and all the other missionaries.




http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/29/magnitude-53-quake-shakes-los-angeles-area/

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/29/us/california-earthquake/




Jokes :) Love you all April's Fools :)
 Continue Reading all is well :)

 The whole building itself moved but luckily, unlike up in La Habra no damage was done here. It was for sure fun and made me well aware of the power that Earth has.

Anyways, we have gotten transfer cals, I am not moving! Staying here in Newport Beach which means this is where I will call home from on Mothers Day!!!! 


Guess what?  this is fun news ...okay so for about three weeks we have known that on Easter Sunday we had a special stake conference but only the Stake President knew what was happening. It is the 20th of April. on the 19th of April we are having a mission conference combined with the Anaheim Mission so we have all thought that whoever was coming on Sunday for stake conference would be coming for the mission conference. Well we know who it is...Neil L Anderson is coming to do a special stake conference and potentially mission conference on the 19th and 20th of the month of April. No Idea why he is coming to either one but it is so exciting to have him coming. It does not happen that a member of the 12 comes to a stake conference often, so it will be interesting to see what he talks about and what is going to happen. So stay tuned for that email as I am sure there will be some exciting news in it!  :) 



Other than that not to many exciting stories. Had a cool mission conference yesterday where the Orgill's daughter came and spoke to us about overcoming adversity and pressure and not give into Satan. It was a really powerful message and whole thing was recorded so it will be awesome to be able to watch it again.


Uhm, what else, my companion and I (Elder Davis) made this drink that has ben named "DaCzak" Combination of Davis and Sobczak. What happened was that He had bought a Papaya last P-Day. It turned out to not be so good so he threw it in a blender with milk and ice, still not to good, well 15 minutes, 14 fudge cookies, 1/4 cup of hot fudge, 1/4 cup of PB,  and 1 red velvet cupcake later we had "DaCzak"!!!   It was the single most sugar filled thing I have ever had, and it still was not to good. Food creations like that happen when boredom sets in.




Good to hear the house situation went well. It will be exciting to mail somewhere else now, when do you move in and don't do anything with the "man Cave" until I get home, I will help plan that, maybe that can be the Sobczak Family Christmas 2014! Got Ayris's and Shawn wedding invite they look so cute, wish I could be there but You know I will be in spirit!!! :(haha!
Thank you again for all you do for me and the prayers that are sent. Keep up the awesome work and doing what the Lord would have you do. I appreciate everything you have done and it means a lot so keep up the awesome work and I will keep up the work on my end.

Have fun with conference this weekend. Dad and Austin ... Watch Priesthood at the stake center, not at home. Again not at home :) GO TO THE CHURCH it will be much more meaningful. 
Thank for helping me out with school, I should know ... I am assuming in the next month or two,  at the latest what the decision is but who knows?????
Anyways, keep up the faith and the good work. I love you all so much :) 
Talk to you next week :)



"Fourth Floor Last Door"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-June 2013
California, Irvine, USA
July 2013-December 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment