Monday, June 2, 2014

Service, gods and Moving on a mission Here and at Home!

Dang, as of today I have about 6 months and a week left...isn't it crazy how fast time goes, especially when you are busy and doing things recording my voice on tape for the parents!
this is Mom at home (new house on Samish Island) still unpacking!
 First thing attached to wall is Elder Sobczaks Missionary tracking chart! 6 months to go TODAY!

There is not to much to report on from this last week. We met these people on Saturday who we helped move in, count 'em ... we have helped a total of 4 families move this week, so that is exciting sure felt like I was helping you without actually being there so glad to hear it all went well. 
this is the idea!
Anyways, the people we helped were really appreciative and we got their number and have been in contact with them since then and are looking at doing a dinner with them in the next week or two. They are moving here from Irvine and are really awesome people, it will be interesting to see how they react to us inviting them to take the lessons, because as you know that is what we do, as much as I want to  just be their friend, I know the Gospel will help them more than I ever could, so it needs to be introduced and brought up. The guy and his brother make these Snow/Surf Boards which are really cool. Basically what it is is a surf board pint in the front and a snowboard rounded back end and you ride it controlling with your back foot like how you ride a surf board. My companion and I are going to attempt to get one or get a discount on one so I have something to use when i get back to Washington and go to the slopes with Pops!


 
We did exchanges this week with the assistants, it was really fun. I stayed here in my area and went with Elder Schumacher. Some lady as we were attempting to contact her told us to stop where we were and then held out a can of pepper spray at us. So that was a first! Latter in the day we walked by these guys and this one guy was like get the "f" away from my car (I was walking on the sidewalk) so I step back trying to still talk to him. Then  he points to my keys that i have hooked to my belt and he told me to get further back because he has a "F"ing nice car that is limited (Its like a 5 year old Mercedes Sedan) and that he didn't want me keying it. Then told Elder Schumacher and I that we needed to stop what we were doing and go get laid, its Summer time thats what you should be doing, not out walking around. So that is the state the world is in these days, thats what we are up against being out on the mission!
the gods of this world!

Anyways, not to much else to report on, I have a short time today as I have to be somewhere around 1:20.  I love you so much, got the box and everything is awesome. Really appreciate again all you do and the money you sacrifice to help me out, hope I can help you out like this one day. Hope everything is going well and looking forward to a really good last 6 months and to see miracles happen. 
and yet another "permanent" address!
Glad to hear as well that church went well and that the ward is nice. Keep going, I don't want less active parents ;) Love you both so much, keep up the good work. Hope everything is going well. Love you lots!!

-- 
"Fourth Floor Last Door"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-June 2013
California, Irvine, USA
July 2013-December 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment