Saturday, May 31, 2014

What A WEEK!


Oh man, what a fun fun week hahaha!   


Lets see, to report on from this week, the biggest thing was this last friday we got called in to do a service project and well, it went for 14 hours. We started at 8:30 in the morning and then went until 10:00 at night. We had to help move a non member out of her house and move her into a apartment which was just insane. It is a long story but basically she got divorced, had to move out in that day and so that is what we did. TWO U- haul fill ups and then up to the 2nd story at the new place. We finished the move at about 8:30 and then we had to help put all the furniture together, so that took up the next,  oh hour or so ... but hey we got to help her out and gave her some good feelings about the mormons!  that is always good when we do that. 
Elder Byrd, Elder Tietijen and Elder Sobczak!

So the next day Saturday was a pretty tired day, but you know we kept doing the work. So that move is the reason you got a picture of my comps and I in service clothes, not on a Prep Day.
Lets see, Sunday we taught Elder's Quorum which was really fun, I always like teaching the classes, not much else about that.

So my thumb is doing much better, the picture doesn't really let you see it but its going good. Long story short i had a missionary stick a red hot heated sharpened hanger into my wart to try and kill it and burn it from the inside out. So it hurt pretty bad but hey it worked I think, we shall see in the next couple weeks as it heals over, pretty sure I am going to have a scar where the wart used to be as I am pretty sure I gave myself 2nd or 3rd degree burn with this thing I did. Don't worry I am telling you so I am obviously fine hahaha! Yikes!!!
Last night we had the departing dinner for Elder Tietjen so that is done, it was such a good dinner and we all had a really good time.
One last story, we went last night to a missionaries apartment after the dinner to pic something up and the gate guard asked me for my name so I said Rick, instead of Amric cause I hate having to go through the whole what did you say how to spell it thing!  but then he asked me for my last name, was not expecting that one so i was like "oh...uhm...It's Travis" hahaha!   so my new name if I ever get famous and have to create a fake name it is Rick Travis hahaha! note  picture of the gate pass.

Not to much else to report on, I am doing all good. I got the packages thank you so much. Everything is awesome and helps with the work. Love the beanie haha laughed really hard when I pulled that out of the box. The suit will look even better once I get it tailored, going next week to get the pants hemmed and tapered and also have the suit coat taken in so it isn't as big on me, so once all of that is done I will have 2 good fitting suit coats and 4 pairs of good fitting suit pants. I have found out a couple things about myself out on the mission, the main thing is that I really like slim pants haha so when i get home I will be wearing weird color slim pants, bring some of California with me wherever I go.
I love you all so much. Thank you for all of the prayers and other things you do for me while I am out here, I really do appreciate. Keep up the awesome work and let me know if their  is anything i can do to help you out. 

Hope everything with the new house and move goes well and smooth. Love you so much have a great week!!!



"Fourth Floor Last Door"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-June 2013
California, Irvine, USA
July 2013-December 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment