Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Lord Does and Will help us Help Others...

It's really true I am A full time missionary!

It's never too late!

So yet again another week has gone down in the books of missionary life.
What to reprt on this week? 

We have picked up a new investigator, although he might die soon. He is a 91 years old! HE is a man who loves to tell everyone he cant see and is deaf in one ear. So you know that looks great for us as missionaries. Looks like we only find old people who cant object to us. He is super awesome and loves to talk, if only he loved to hear as well (selective hearing!). "Examine your armor. Is there an unguarded or unprotected place? Determine now to add whatever part is missing. No matter how antiquated or lacking in parts your armor may be, always remember that it is within your power to make the necessary adjustments to complete your armor."  N. Eldon Tanner 1979
Ephesians 6: 13 - 20  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins agirt about with btruth, and having on the cbreastplate of drighteousness;  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel ofapeace;  Above all, taking the shield of afaith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery bdarts of the wicked.  And take the helmet of asalvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:  aPraying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all bperseverance and supplication for all saints;  And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the amystery of the gospel,   For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak aboldly, as I ought to speak.

Elder Neal and I met up with a Less-
Active member of the church which ended up being really inspiring for some reason. He is a member who served his mission in Nogala Japan, and when he came home he was an EQ President, and Sunday School President. He fell away from the church when he had to make the decision of if he wanted to get married in the temple or not. He said he did not take the decision to leave the church lightly and has gone through physical, mental, and spiritual pain since making the decision. At the start of our conversation he said he was a lost cause, but by the end though he had softened his heart just a little bit and seemed open to talking more to us. It is interesting when someone who has seen so much and they can say "I dont know if I will ever be able to believe the doctrine the way I did before I fell away ever again." That is a profound sad statement if it is true. I have felt a strong prompting that the Lord has or will provide me with a way to help this man return to the fold. 

As far as teaching people that is about it. 

I got the box, Thank YOU SO MUCH!!! GPS is Awesome food is great and I love the pictures, pins and CD's. Really appreciate how much you all have done for me since I have gone out.  Another pair of pants split out!!!
for some reason I think dad needs to watch this ... its my favorite video ever.  Maybe someone else will appreciate it too... can you put it on my facebook page??

or here



Glad we moved to Nebraska, and that we seem to be staying put! I love the house and would hate to say goodbye. It will be a place we can set down roots and help each other grow.  A place we can all come home to.  Also, it will be nice being able to come home to the same home and ward that I left from. Everything will work out and the Lord wil provide a way for us to be truly and perfectly happy as long as we strive to follow His will as best as we can.  hang in there :) 


Deep thought for the week...

The dilemma this week is ... My companion understands or believes that The Garden of Eden didnt really happen the way we invision it. He believes that we just needed something to visualize the story. He says that God is all powerful and so the Big Bang could be possible, God just made it happen. So the thoughts, just give me your thoughts and beliefs about the story of how we started In the Beginning - I know Apryl will have input for me (I hope you get that I strive to raise discussion and send you all out searching for your own answers with my Deep ThougHts!!!. This is the 3rd or 4th case of discussing it with people and it just brings up questions.

I am super tan. My hair got messed up because I thought I was cutting with a 5/8 but it was actually a 3/8. but hey I love it!

We went mountain biking today. Good ole' 16 mile bike ride!!!

Hope all is going well and that Zion is doing well. The Gospel is perfect - 5 months has flown by, It is already June 11th!! How crazy is that??!!  Please,  Tell the Sorensons hello from me and that they are awesome. Keep the faith and keep doing what you are doing. The Lord loves and knows all of us and thats all we can ask for. Do temple work for the family and lets get that rolling (more for me than you). Love you so much and again I really do hope all is well.

I have gots to go. I do not know if I will be able to get a letter in the mail this week to you or Ayris because I might not have enough time. :/ Sorry again for that. Love you lots tell Dad happy fathers day and that he is awesome and should have a pound stake some mashed potatoes gravy and cake for fathers day. Also, yes the tool box and I have learned great organizational skills out here I will teach him when i get home!!! Love you so much and appreciate all you do for me. Stay classy and stay safe.  By the way I do know more and more of the truthfulness of the Gospel. 

Later
-- 
"Fourth Floor Last Door"
"That's What's Up"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-January 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment