Monday, August 26, 2013

Service without thought

Hey hey family how is all going?

Not to much to report on from this week. We are progressively finding and teaching more of the people that have been prepared to be taught which is making the weeks go by faster and faster. We are teaching a kid who is Persian and has been living in the US for about 2 months and is really excited about learning about religion in the US. He is about 16 or 17 but looks like he is in mid 20's took me forever to believe he was actually his age. His parents still live in Iran and he will be living by himself for the school year which is INSANE. He likes talking with us and hearing our beliefs about life, God, etc. We are helping him get set up in his new place, he lives in our same complex, which is no coincidence. He has come to church the past 2 weeks and loves all the hymns that we sing, apparently he is a big fan of the Organ. So that is cool how much he has learned and gained since being here and meeting with us. Hope that all continues to go well with him.
It is weird to be reteaching people that I taught when I was first here. But hey they remember me so it makes it easier to get in the door and set stuff up. Dana Point is super good, the members are helping us out and keeping us taken care of so don't worry to much about me.

One of the members of our mission presidency, President Ellis came and talked with all of us yesterday for about an hour just about the mission and how everything is going which was awesome, a month and a half into this mission I have already met him like 4 or 5 times and now have had him in my apartment, so its nice seeing that he's personable and wants to come out and help us with our missionary work. 

The work is going well and so is the mission. Elder Hair is adjusting and it is so cool to see the change he has gone through. And through that change he has gone through I have seen a change in Elder Belnap and myself also. See, through helping others we are helped. But only when we help without wanting just to help ourselves. Its all a part of being Selfless and humble. If you are not then it makes the "Missionary Work" that much harder. You have to trust that through studying, helping, teaching, etc it is all for others but you will be helped. It is a fine balance. 

Hope the trip went well and that Vaughan is all baptized and ready to go on with life. Just think,in exactly 10 years Vaughan will be on a mission just like me. That is weird to think about. 


President Ellis said that in a mission in Utah, I think Salt lake City West, they have rolled out Ipads and Iphones for the missionaries. He has the thought within the next month or two we will get them here but no guarantees. Anyways, That is all for me. No deep thoughts. I came up with a cool definition of charity being the "Pure Love of Christ". I will send a copy of the study to mom so that she can share it and show everyone. I forgot it when I came here so I cannot discourse. 

Love you all so much, keep up all the good work and hope everything goes well. Travel Safely and remember who you are! :)
Keep up all the work you are awesome!:)




--
"Fourth Floor Last Door"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-June 2013
California, Irvine, USA
July 2013-December 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment