Monday, September 30, 2013

Pack up and Go ....

Well my oh my hasn't this week been insane?! I just want to say thank you for handling the whole bike situation. I really have appreciated it and will appreciate it a lot as the months move forward. Biking has been immensely easier since getting the new one. I went with the Kona Mahuna which has 29" wheels, a 21" frame, handlebars are about as wide as my shoulders, disk brakes, the Tubes have the slime stuff built which has already helped ward off one flat (Lots of glass on the road). It rides smooth and handles my large build very well. Thank you so much, I heard dad's voice a little bit when Jim the bike guy was talking to him which was a very weird experience. But hey, I walked in and they knew who I was and knew exactly what to get me to last thru my mission. One of the guys said that 3 years is a long time to have a bike, especially with how big I am and all the riding I have been doing the past 8 months. So the Scott did me good and the Kona will now do wonders.

In all reality this week like most others has flown by. A couple things that were really cool:

Sister Raver, Max and Jordan's mom, bore her testimony yesterday (We did Fast and Testimony yesterday in Dana Point) and it was so awesome. She talked about her families experience the past 6 years, how Max said in July he wanted to get baptized and the missionaries started coming over and then about 3 weeks later Jordan said he wanted to get baptized as well. She said "I had been waiting for this day for four years." She talked about how grateful she was for the priesthood and examples in the ward. Really touching experience. We had a lesson with them that night and talked about tithing using halloween candy which turned out great! We then talked about the baptismal service, process for getting the priesthood, and setting up a ride to the priesthood session of conference this weekend. It was such a good day yesterday because of them. It made me really sad thinking I could potentially not be in the ward next transfer which would mean I wouldn't be a part of finishing up the lessons and prepping for baptisms. Transfers suck sometimes. But I know they will get baptized and I will for sure no matter if I get moved or not find a way to make it down to see him. 

This week has been full of attempts to find those who are ready to hear of the Gospel which has been pretty difficult to do for some odd reason. We are striving to find those that are ready to hear the gospel and that has started to pick up. 

We had the last district meeting of the transfer and so I got everyone to wear pink to show unity. It was a really cool experience because one of the hardest things to do is get missionaries to counsel and help each other work through their problems and the concerns they are having. We had a 65 minute counsel on how to best work with members and find those who are ready for the Gospel through them. It was so cool to just stand and watch the spirit take over the lesson. It was one of the strongest times I have felt the spirit on my mission. Counseling sessions are awesome. 

To respond to emails:

Dad- Thank you so much. This week I truly learned what true love is. I am so thankful for how you handled the bike thing and that you were so willing to do it. I have no problem with the move. I was born and raised there, that is my home. The things I love to do can all be found there.  I have made life long friends in Nebraska and will seek them out. The one thing I have learned for sure in the past 9 months is that you have to move when the Lord needs you to move. It may be to a place you do not know anyone or a place you have been before, but when your time is up and Heavenly Father needs you somewhere, you just have to pack up and go, with no questions asked, only prayers of gratitude for lessons learned, experiences had, and people met. I am excited to hear and be a part of this new adventure when I come home. New people new story.
they go to football games together


Ayris- YES GET MARRIED!!! That is all I have to say :) Fulfill the plan dont make me teach the plan!:) You are the best and thank you for all you do. Glad you liked your birthday card and hope you have a great week. :) Stay awesome and stay classy. Tell Andre I said hello and miss him. He was one of my favorite WML on my mission.
shawn makes the cupcakes
ayris has to blow them out

the sisters at the sobczak home in valley
Mom- Oh mom you are awesome. Thank you for all you do and the things you send. I really appreciate the time you take to make sure that I am taken care of and watched over. Stay calm in all you do and be happy. Tell the Sister missionaries hello from me :) Keep the shirts I sent so we can make a Mission Quilt when I get home. We can do that together. Stay awesome.

I love you all so much. Thank you for everything you do and sacrifice for me. I hope to be the Sibling, parent, and father that I have had the examples of my whole life as I continue to grow and become a parent. You have all taught me so much and I know everything will work out. Keep up the good work and keep praying. 

Conference is this weekend. http://www.lds.org/general-conference
I think and have a hunch some big announcements are going to made so keep your eyes, ears, and pen caps open!

People out there - Stay awesome and stay classy. REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE.

-- 
"Fourth Floor Last Door"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-June 2013
California, Irvine, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment