Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Life of a Missionary

So family this week ended up being a pretty good one. My coolest story of the week was we started teaching those people we talked about when I called home. We met with them on Wednesday and they came to church on Sunday for all 3 hours. Really cool but the bummer about all of it is that they are YSA age and so this week we will be handing them off to the elders in the YSA ward. It's all good I guess. Same work no matter who teaches them, as long as they get taught and baptized that is all I care about. But they seem really interested and have a lot of questions that I hope will be answered as they take the discussions and continue to learn more about the church. 

My new companions name is Jakobi Byrd from Atlanta Georgia. It is sweet, he has been out for about 15 months, came out a month after me so it is nice again to work with someone who is about my same mission age. Elder Tietjen goes home next Tuesday so this week will be exciting I am sure. The work is picking up here, starting to be happier even when times seem to suck. Basically I have realized that no matter what, I can always use my agency to be happy, you choose to be sad or happy angry or patient etc. So I just have to continually choose to be happy and joyful and looking for the little tiny blessings I have even when times aren't to good, because let's face it there are lots and lots of blessings out there that we can all be thankful for, we may just have to look really hard to find them. 

Dad that is a crazy story about your thumb hahaha! bet that sucked. My knee picture I have attached isn't that bad but wanted you to see. I skinned it playing indoor volleyball, I went for a dive, messed up and ended up sliding on my knee about 3 feet on the gym floor, that's never to much fun to do that. It is all better now though, perfect timing to get it skinned again today in Zone Activity haha! 
   
Get to have a baptismal interview with someone again tonight, I am as always nervous and excited at the same time. It is always cool to meet with people and see their growth, progression, and understanding they gain as they take the discussions and the lessons. 

Anyways not to much else to report on. I have not gotten the packages but I will be getting mail today so i should be getting them. Thanks for that, I should be getting my clothes I sent to the tailors today or tomorrow as well, so I should for sure be set for clothes by the end of the week, thanks for sending the stuff out I really do appreciate it. 






Anyways, keep up the awesome work, something cool I read this week in The Book of Mormon is found in Mosiah chapter 24. Really, just the whole chapter is cool but the very end is what I want to leave you all with today. We have all been lifted through trials and through struggles, the one thing we always need to remember is that it is only because of Christ and our Heavenly Father we made it through them. Nothing we can do will ever measure up to what they do for us. Always turn to them and give thanks just as the followers of Alma did. We must follow our leaders just as these people followed Alma, he was their prophet and they knew he was led by God who led them to safety. Our church leaders do the same thing, we must follow them, even if it is across the uncharted plains, into the desert, or across oceans, they are men led of God who will lead us into the promised land. We must thank our Heavenly Father for this great blessing and all others.


21 Yea, and in the valley of Alma they poured out their thanks to God because he had been merciful unto them, and eased their burdens, and had delivered them out of bondage; for they were in bondage, and none could deliver them except it were the Lord their God.
22 And they gave thanks to God, yea, all their men and all their women and all their children that could speak lifted their voices in the praises of their God.





With much love and Appreciation;
Elder Amric Sobczak




"Fourth Floor Last Door"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-June 2013
California, Irvine, USA
July 2013-December 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment