Tuesday, May 7, 2013

April 23 - We are to be positive emphasize faith not fear


So another week has past on with not to much to update you on. But here goes....update for the week; ride bike, walk, tract, visit potentials, less actives, and formers all day everyday. 
The weather here has been awesome so it makes the work a little more bearable. Saturday we biked about 12 miles in the afternoon hot sun and then walked another 2 miles in the night time. Yesterday we biked 4 miles then walked for about 2 1/2 hours all around our area. That would be fun if there were places we could stop at and go see or lots of people walking around, but people do not do that out here in California so it makes talking to people and enjoying the work a little more difficult. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-WduxkDRo0A
Look for the positives in life and start enjoying your life!

Hmm...The person we had on a date I am pretty sure has moved it out a month. So that was fun to deal with. No idea right now what to do for him but we are praying and study lots for him as we go through out our days here. Hopefully something catches on and the Spirit helps us along our path.
Cool thing actually on Sunday...So this family was walking by and they saw our church so they came in and asked a member if this was a Christian church. The member said yes and right at this moment we walked into the front door area where they were. They started talking to us and so we gave them a tour of the church building before Sacrament started. They were this Chinese family who were in the process of studying Christian religion and trying to decide where to go. So we talked about our beliefs what makes us different and all of that. When we were saying goodbye a member of the Del Mar ward walked by who actually spoke fluent Chinese! He didnt serve in a Chinese mission just lived there for 5 years and picked it up. So he talked with them for about 10 minutes and then exchanged information. We got their info as well and they said they will be back at church next week to attend with us. So that was actually really awesome. Hopefully a family investigating comes from this experience. We just have to do our part and keep on it.

"Everything around us is made up of energy.  To attract positive things in your life start by giving off positive energy!" -unkown

Lets see update on the mission life. Really only one cool thing, I have taken up a new hobby. I now tailor my own ties. Yes I take my ties and cut them, press them, then sew them and make them thinner. They are not skinny ties but they arent that big either.  A nice mixture of the two!  The bad part about this was I tried to tailor clothes....I took a pair of suit pants and tried to make the legs tighter and waist smaller...that didnt turn out to well!!! The legs were great and fine but the waist, well I ended up with a huge huge hole left in them?? :(  Really hard to stitch up a seam in a pant by hand...But the ties look awesome and so I am moving forward with adjusting most of my collection. Should be done by the end of the week. Well, that is about it for me on my end.

The work is going great and I know that I am supposed to be here. I am in the process of figuring out who I am as a missionary so as I pray and study bunches. I know that through doing it I will be guided to my answer. It wont be given to me but If I do all I can the Lord will justify my efforts and push me over to the other side.


Just like anything you want you have to work at it

Keep doing all you can while trusting in the Lord. Do not be like Oliver Cowdry when he asked the Lord if he could translate the scriptures Doc & Cov Section 9. We must do more than just ask, we have to do all we can along with asking. Only then will we gain an answer.  Faith without Works is dead.
Reference: http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/9?lang=e     
and
James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.   18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
I want you to know that I have a testimony of this gospel.  It is perfect in every sense of the word and any person WILL come closer to God by applying the principles in either a temporal or spiritual way.  All things are spiritual.  
Doctrine States Why.  
Principles answer what and How.  Doctrine Understood changes attitudes and behavior.

I've been thinking about coming home and living at home for awhile and going to UNO? thoughts??
New Niece!

Love you all and hope all is well. Hope baby Char is doing great and hope Anona is doing well as also. Have a great great week. :)  Love you so much. Hope all is well.  You guys are the best and I love you so much. Keep the faith and stay strong. Love you!!! 


"Fourth Floor Last Door"
"That's What's Up"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-January 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment