Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Staying Put ...


Hey there family and friends!!!
 
So I am staying in Carmel Valley for the next transfer. So I will find out who with tonight. Exciting times out here in Southern California.
This past week has flown by in the blink of an eye.
I cannot beleive that it is already May 21st!!! 
What in the heck is this!!?? Time is moving super quick. Its nice but at the same time sucks a lot. I did not really believe the people who said "your mission goes by in the blink of an eye".
 
Not to much to report on. Had a few lessons with our investigator this past week which all went really well. He is dead set on getting baptized and that is all well and good but he is "Not willing to let go of his beliefs and accept some of the doctrine that our church teaches" - so thats super wierd to hear. Hopefully over time his heart is softened and he is more accepting of what we teach and believe in. Baby steps right!?
 
The lawn looks amazing!!! How did you get it to look like that??

 “I stayed up part of the night worried as to whether I should say this, but I’m going to say it… If there are here some of you who have been tricked into the conviction that you have gone too far, that you have been weighed down on doubts upon which you alone have a monopoly; that you have had the poison of sin that makes it impossible ever again to be what you could have been, then hear me! I bear testimony that you cannot sink farther than the light and sweeping intelligence of Jesus Christ can reach. I bear testimony that as long as there is one spark of the will to repent and reach, He is there! He did not just descend to your condition, he descended below it; that he might be in and through all things the light of truth. If there is only one who will feel what I feel of the spirit of God bearing witness to that, I will have been grateful for this privilege.” Truman G. Madsen

The atonement can help us with whatever problems or challenges we are going, have gone or will go through. 

“To all of you who think you are lost or without hope, or who think you have done too much that was too wrong for too long, to every one of you who worry that you are stranded somewhere on the wintry plains of life and have wrecked your handcart in the process, this conference calls out Jehovah’s unrelenting refrain, “[My] hand is stretched out still.” “I shall lengthen out mine arm unto them,” He said, “[and even if they] deny me; nevertheless, I will be merciful unto them, … if they will repent and come unto me; for mine arm is lengthened out all the day long, saith the Lord God of Hosts.” His mercy endureth forever, and His hand is stretched out still. His is the pure love of Christ, the charity that never faileth, that compassion which endures even when all other strength disappears.” Jeffrey R. Holland


In Doctrine and Covenants 130:20&21 we read; There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated - and when we obtain any blessing from God. it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated. 

So that is all for me this week. 
Again sorry I do not have much to report on. The Gospel is true and I am so grateful for all you do for me. Stay safe and stay awesome.   Love you so much and just think, in a month and a half it will be six (6) months out!!! Thats super crazy.
Love you ALL so much.
Hope all goes well. Stay classy




"Fourth Floor Last Door"
"That's What's Up"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-January 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment