Monday, August 25, 2014

Service Atonement and Teaching






Again, not to much to report on from this last week. The companion is going okay, lots of stuff going on but I don't want to bag on it to much. Uhm....We are teaching members and that is fun! Always a awesome chance to be in the members home and get to know them and who they are and how they got to where they are. 



“O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him will all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.” Doctrine & Covenants 4:2

Uhm...We had a service project this morning, we are in the process of pulling a stump out of the ground, it is a Palm stump that is about 2 feet in diameter and we have 4 shovels, a pick, 2 dull axes and a hack saw. So it will be a long process to get the thing removed out of the ground. But it should be fun, I miss doing manual yard work and stuff like that, something I am surprised that I miss from back home, actually getting to go out and work in the yard. 

Hmmmmmm.......

15


Yeah honestly cannot think of anything. You know whats crazy, I have 15 weeks left hahaha!!!  the only reason I know that is because I am starting my 15 week study of the atonement and so it will be done the day before I go home. So I should have a much better understanding of the atonement repentance and forgiveness when I close up the mission and come home. see - https://www.lds.org/youth/learn/yw/atonement/what?lang=eng

also note;
"Throughout the teaching experience, missionaries bear testimony of the Savior and His gift of salvation to us. Obviously you should bear testimony regularly of all the principles you are teaching, but it is especially important that you bear testimony of this central doctrine in the plan of our Heavenly Father.  There are several reasons for bearing testimony. One is that when you declare the truth, it will bring an echo, a memory, even if it is an unconscious memory to the investigator, that   they have heard this truth before—and of course they have. A missionary’s testimony invokes a great legacy of testimony dating back to the councils in heaven before this world was. There, in an earlier place, these same people heard this same plan outlined and heard there the role that Jesus Christ would play in their salvation".    -Holland
Yeah, nothing else to report on ... parents, again sorry, I will work on taking better notes and bringing them with me to use when I write home this next week, I just don't have anything to report on really so I don't want to bore you with a break down of each day. I love you a lot, I really do, I truly appreciate all you do for me and all you do to help me out everyday. 

Look for the tiny miracles and the opportunity to help people in any way. 
Love you so much!!!

-- 
"Fourth Floor Last Door"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-June 2013
California, Irvine, USA
July 2013-December 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment