Monday, August 4, 2014

Transfers Tomorrow I'm Outta Here! :( off to a New and Different Area

From July 28th

 -- It has been a really good one and as always, love being out here on the mission. 

This has just started week 6 so this coming Saturday will be the day we find out if i stay in Newport First ward another transfer or if i get moved around. I am hoping to be staying here in the ward again, I really love it and I feel like there is still stuff to do out here that isn't finished yet so we shall see what happens this coming week.
Church yesterday was really good. In PEC we were talking about how to get Home and Visiting teaching up and help the members realize the importance of it. One guy (the HPGL) said just to pull everyones recommends that are not currently doing home teaching/coming to their meetings. A little harsh I thought but understandable amidst the frustration. Then we came to the idea of why don't we just put up a list of everyones home and visiting teachers so everyone can see who they are supposed to be taught by and everyone knows who they are supposed to teach and post the list outside the chapel for everyone to see. So we all loved the idea of this and it will be implemented this next Sunday, I am excited to see what will happen in regards to this and if this actually gets people up and moving and working on a problem that clearly has a huge down play in all wards in the church, every ward I have served in has low home and visiting teaching reports so who knows maybe this works, maybe it lights the fire underneath some people. I love the accountably of it all.
Other than that no real cool stories at all to share with the family. We are doing great, I love it out here. It is exciting to see the Lord working in my life so that through me he can help other of His children that are in need of help. I hope you all have a great week ahead. I love you so much and thank you for all that you do!:) Have a great week!

4 August ....

So Sadly today I report;
  •  I am getting transferred...
  • also sadly my companion is as well. Yep! they are moving both of us and bringing in two different elders to fill our spot. We are pretty bummed and sad and so is the ward. Church yesterday was a really sad day. Six months in a ward and you really come to love the people and feel part of their family.
  • Another thing that is upsetting is for the last 6 months I have been here not one ward activity, nothing. :( Guess what? in a week and a half they are having their annual ward summer party...  :( Super sad, but whatever!  I have realized that the Lord puts you where he needs you when he needs you and for how long he needs you so this is all part of the plan and we need to just accept it and move on.  Nothing I can do about it and it cannot really change at all. 
  • The week has been a good. We taught more than normal which was fun and made the week go by really quickly which is a blessing in disguise because week 6 usually goes by really slow so it was nice to see it go by quickly. 

We had a really cool missionary themed fireside last night with members from the stake and it was really nice. President Orgill and President Silve (Stake President) talked and the mission choir sang, so good.  Anyways so it was a fun experience to get go to that and listen and just feel of the spirit. I think that is the most interesting thing being out here, I have grown to truly notice the Spirit when I have it and when i do not have it, it is an interesting thing and hopefully something i can continue to develop and keep as i go home.
Another cool thing that happened at church yesterday was a lady came up to us and she said "I forgot to get money out (She usually gives us $5 every time we see her) and she was like I'll will just double it next week". We responded with "oh it's no problem but we wont be here next week we are getting transferred".  Gotta love Newport and the giving attitude the people have and the fact they give and help out here so much. So that was just an interesting thing, not something I will miss, but it has been a blessing because it always helped out in the long run, tender mercies and lots of blessings, all of us should continue to give, what goes around comes around. DO SERVICE, whatever you can when YOU can.
Anyways that is all for me this week. Hope to catch you all online and catch up and I probably wont be on Facebook for a while now because of the transfer. I will update it tomorrow and then be off of it until we get permission/get ipads we shall see what happens. I love you all so much and thank you for all that you do! have a great week and talk to you later!!



-- 
"Fourth Floor Last Door"
Elder Amric Zane Sobczak
California, Carlsbad, USA
January 2013-June 2013
California, Irvine, USA
July 2013-December 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment